Monday, July 19, 2010

Extravagance

I think I have developed a fascination for extravagance.



The skirt I created after seeing a gorgeous photo of a lace and tulle skirt online. I didn't really want to work with tulle though, but I love lace and after spending the morning thrift shopping with my sister on Saturday, I got to work making the above lace confection Sunday afternoon from re-purposed curtains . I don't have a dress form, nor have I ever made a skirt before, so I used my art easel (I had to improvise) instead. It sort of worked. Enough that I could pin on the chopped up curtains and start to sew. Most of it, minus the top hem was actually hand stitched, all the gathers at least and the green lace. It was a lot of fun to do and I really like how it turned out.


The necklace I made about a week ago. It is over the top and heavy and massive, but I sort of love it. Its crazy, quirky. I want to sell it, but at the same time I want to keep it.... oh what to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment