Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Afraid to Be

I think one of the hardest things in life is finding the courage to move forward and be who you want to be.

Even harder is finding the self confidence in yourself that you are good enough to be who you want to be.

I'm not there yet.

But I'd like to be.

I've stated over the past few years that I know I am a bit odd, that I like who I am. But its not always true. Nevertheless I stick to the belief that I would rather be ME than anyone else. I just wish I was a bit MORE than just ME. That ME had a bit more drive, a bit more substance.

I'm trying to find it.

I'm not there yet.

But I'm working on it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how this really resonates with me... it has taken me years to feel like I could try and be who I want to be. I'm on the verge of finally taking steps along that path. Totally a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure it's a life long process sis.

    ReplyDelete