And because when I was little we had a dress up box full of old dresses of my mom's that were from the 70's or what not. A couple months ago my mom sent me one of them because I asked for it. A nice long, shapeless red... dress....
This was it...
(Warning: This is another one of those 'Suzy-style' tutorials that mostly just fail at being a tutorial because I never do things properly or know how to describe the way I haphazardly piece things together)
Today I finally got around to refashioning it!
I started off with gathering the front and stitching it together. Just a simple hand stitch.
Next, I cut the dress roughly in half, leaving the bottom half the final length I wanted the dress to be underneath the bust area.
Now is the part, where as always, I forgot to take photos. Though really, all that is missing is me pinning the two halves back together. I sewed the part I cut off from the bottom, back onto the top just higher up, right under the white stitching on the bust. I pleated it free hand on the sewing machine and presto!
All it needed was a belt which I grabbed from the remnants of those lace curtains I used to make a skirt a few months back...
And here is the final result! I am pretty happy with it.
(Two posts in one day! It must be a miracle!)