Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies

Since the weather is unfortunately turning colder and I find myself turning the heat on and wrinkling my nose at the rain and cold... I try to think about the good things in Autumn.

Things like bright colors and crisp air (rain go away please) and apple cider and tea and more importantly...

PUMPKINS!
And all the wonderful things you can do with them.... like make cookies!

This is one of my all time favorite cookie recipes. Given to me by the lovely 'Miss B'. And also one the simplest.

Ingredients


 1/2 cup of Sugar
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
1 Cup of Butter
3/4 cup Pumpkin (for a double recipie use 1-14oz. can)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Egg
2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 cup Nuts (Optional, I never put them in)

Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius

MIX
(Really that's all. Throw the ingredients all together in a bowl/mixer and mix away until its smooth)

Place dollops of dough on a non-greased cookie sheet and bake at 350C for 18 minutes.



FROSTING! 
(because we can't forget the frosting)

3 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar

Boil for one minute

Add 1/4 cup of Milk
and enough icing sugar to thicken. 
Drizzle on top of cooled cookies. 



Now go eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment